As our guests RSVP, I record their attendance in an excel spreadsheet. Yes, I am that organized. And since I am a math teacher, I have many formulas running. Today we had more responses... and there is a trend happening, yet again I fear. Of our 65 guests attending, 12 are for me, the remaining are for Keith. However, the guest list was set up nearly 50/50. I am fearing that my people are not coming (and if your are from out of state, trust me I understand. I talking about the ones who live with in 15 miles). I fear this because it seems like that is what always happens. I have a gathering for both sides, only his side attends. Other gatherings are organized for just my side, it gets cancelled or many do not show. It sucks. How are you to stay a family when the members refuse to see each other. Not to mention, it's a wedding! I guess I'm just tired of trying to be there for others and they are not for me. I know Keith's side favors me so it's not like I'm alone, but it would be nice to be represented.
Big Example: My birthday was this weekend- I spent it with his family. Sure my mom, dad, and brother called (my sister sent a card and texted me and my Aunt Sandie sent a lovely card) but no one else of my side did anything. No one else even tried to make plans. Thanks.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry, Kimmie. I'm not very good about birthday cards. :o( I am coming to your wedding, though! The RSVP card is going out today, Derek just took it to the mailbox.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa... I hope you know I was not referring to you. It's the others that are around here (my mom's side) that I talking about.
ReplyDeleteI've doubled my guest list to 24.
ReplyDeleteit sucks...but that's pretty much the way things have been left after someone special passed. and besides the fact that no one adheres to rsvp's on our side of the family....ever
ReplyDeleteD