Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Consumer Reports

I sometimes buy into "As seen on TV" stuff. While the item is brand new, I am very skeptical about it. However, as time goes by and the product is offered in the stores, I tend to try it out. Here are some products I have tried recently.

  • Smooth Away - The product is a hand held, very soft sandpaper thing that claims to remove unwanted hair while exfoliating. Ok, so it does take the hair away, but it takes forever to get those results. I was scrubbing my leg with this thing for a long time. Legs are really soft afterwards. But the hair grows back at normal speed. It's easier and faster just to shave.
  • Aveeno Positively Smooth Shaving Gel - I really love this product. It claims to reduce the amount of shaving needed. I totally agree. I am usually a girl that needs to shave everyday to escape stubble. Not so with this gel. Also, it leaves legs very smooth. I do not always remember to use lotion after shaving and it is ok with this. The price is a bit higher than other brands of shaving gel but it is worth it. P.S. the bottom is also rust proof!
  • Leg Magic - Exercise equipment targeting you buns and thighs. The apparatus is in the shape of an upside-down T (the math geek in me calls it a perpendicular sign). Your feet go on these pedals that slide in and out on a curved track. I did not feel any of my muscles working. I watched the DVD with it and it sucked. The sequences included a few reps on the leg magic, then get off and do a traditional squat, get on, get off, do another kind of squat and so on. My legs get more of a work out by doing the normal squats.
  • Dyer Balls - These are two blue balls with a bunch of spikes that go into your dryer with your wet clothes. It claims to softer your clothes so that you do not need dryer sheets. I like the smell dryer sheets give clothes so I still you them, but our clothes are fluffier. The towels are really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment