Friday, July 24, 2009

something jumped up and bit me

Well not really, but it sure felt like it. I really got stung by a phantom bee. Colleen and I were just hanging out and as we walked to the car I felt a pain in my arm. "Oww." I looked around and didn't see or hear a bee anywhere. Colleen looked at me, dead in my tracks and asked if I was stung. "Yes", and then remembering I am allergic, she asked if I had an epi pen. "No." So she took me to Shoprite and I got some Bendryl. By the time we drove 1 mile, my tongue began to swell, and my arm was itching. I felt like I was being dramatic. I was questioning myself "Did you really get stung?" because I could not find a mark or a stinger. Partly due to my outrageous freckles. I got in the car, drank some Cherry Benadryl (yum yum) and within the next mile my tongue started going down. But now my arm was aching. You know how it feels after getting the flu shot, like that, up into my shoulder and fingers. So yep, I really did get stung, but by what bee, I dunno? So I cleaned my arm with antibacterial soap and now have ice on it. But I am soooo tired. Dumb Benadryl. Stupid bee.

2 comments:

  1. M E A T T E N D E R I Z E R - MAKE PASTE PUT ON IMMEDIATELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bounce Sheets too - they keep the buzzing things away. and please No yellow shirts!

    ReplyDelete