Thursday, July 2, 2009
Being Thankful
I've written in the past about our plans for the summer. Duh we're getting married but due to the wedding, and due to the recession, I am teaching summer school. Trust me, teachers count down to the end of the school year too and we enjoy summer. My reasoning for doing it was because there were A Lot of guys out in Keith's local and I was afraid he too would be out of work. At one point the unemployment number was in the 600s for the fitters. We simply could not afford for neither of us to bring in any money. So I sucked it up and went for the summer school. Last week we did not have to worry even a little bit of him getting laid off. His contractor got a big job out of Merck pharmaceuticals for a shut down. He worked 64 man hours last week, not including the 2.5 hour round trip everyday. Crazy. Needless to say we didn't see much of each other nor did he see much of the kitchen. But now we are not only bringing in his paycheck, and my extra pay, but also his overtime. So we are thankful to be able to do this, esp when the money world is so crappy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment