Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Interesting kitchen tidbit

Have you used PAM on your baking pans or even on your cookware and then there's this gunk that doesn't come off? I have. While I was washing all the new kitchen stuff I read the cleaning instructions for our pots and pans. I read that you should not use aerosol shortening because of the residue. Instead they suggested using a spray bottle of your own and put in olive oil. So now I am sharing this with you. Hope it helps you out.

2 comments:

  1. I stopped using the spray stuff when I heard that an ingredient is plastic. Your new pans will be happy for your reading. Olive oil is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pampered Chef always told me the same thing, so I never got into the habit. I only use spray stuff when I use glass. Also you shouldn't need anything at all with pizza stones, unless maybe they're new and not yet seasoned.

    ReplyDelete