We got about 10 inches of snow between last night and today. My school was cancelled offically at 9 pm lat night, very surpising. Keith got a text at 4:30am from his foreman that the day was bagged. So, what have we done today?
We first woke up and got all bundled to go play in the snow. Keith's parents live 1/2 a mile away and their street is excellent for sledding. We drugged our feet through the snow in the woods, and got a little lost. Keith missed some of the landmarks he has known since a child, due to the amount of snow. I tell you, that was surely a workout in its self.
After sledding we went inside for some hot chocolate. Katie was sitting on my lap and her scarf was on backwards. So I tried to fix it but she bit it and Keith went to get it out of her mouth, but instead dumped his hot chocolate all over me. Good thing I still had my snow pants on so I didn't get wet.
We came back home and did normal things in the house: computer, video games, TV. TV during the day is wacky. We have learned 1. that we are NOT the father, 2. we too can have a valuable job (esp if we do not have a HS diploma or GED), 3. that fall from last week can turn into a lot of money if we hire THE injury lawyer. And we haven't gotten to the soap operas yet!
So now what? Well, I have some grading but I do not feel like it. If I were at school right now, I only have an hour left anyway. Also, tomorrow is our State mandated testing for the HSPA (high school exit test). I'm worried about school being in session. I think I will need a ride again; my car sucks in the snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment