Thursday, February 12, 2009

Darn Stamps

Grrrrr. Both Keith and my mom had to ask. "Do you think stamps are going to increase?" I said nah. And what do you know... THEY ARE.

Last weekend I bought "wedding stamps" for the response cards. Then my mom sent me an article yesterday saying that stamps are increasing two cents starting May 11. Two problems with that: 1. I did put the 42 cent wedding stamps on the response envelopes already which means I now need to add an ugly two cent stamp to it because our deadline is June 15. And 2. even if I waited til May 11, that would be too late to send out invitations. Grrrr. Sorry everyone, but it won't be as pretty as I had wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about it. This happened when I was planning my wedding, the postage increased and they didn't have the wedding stamps for the new rate yet and everyone on the message boards was pissed about the "ugly 2 cent bird stamps". Honestly, though, I don't think that anyone will really notice. Our response cards were postcards, the stamps had George Washington on them! But I seriously doubt that anybody remembers that!

    ReplyDelete