Sunday, February 8, 2009
It's Girl Scout Cookie Time
I was just asking my boss Friday if anyone in the building was selling Girl Scout Cookies. No such luck. All she could do was complain that they were everywhere she went the previous weekend. Keith and I did a little shopping Saturday and I was happy to see that a Junior Girl Scout, around 13 years old, was sitting outside the KMart. I had mentioned to Keith that its harder for the older Girl Scouts because they are not as cute as the younger ones. Wondering how I would know, I tried to remind I was a Girl Scout for 7 years. So we walked by on our way in and the girl asked, "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?" I replied that I would when we came out. "I love Samoas." I did exactly that when we left the store. I ordered Samoas, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints. The girl scout was a little shaking when I asked for the Tagalongs but I pointed to them and she put them in a bag. In the car, I took a look and realized that the names were changed. Samoas are now Carmel Delights, and Tagalongs are Peanut Butter Somethings. Thin Mints are still Thin Mints. The mom of the girl must have been surprised at my request with the old names, but was able to translate my order. I guess I'm showing some age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know, WTF is up with the new names??? We like the same ones. :)
ReplyDeleteTry the little Daisy ones they are cute and good. Remember when the tractor trailer came here with all the cases of cookies? Junior Scouts from Berlin are trying to sell and all proceeds go to the leader who had a major heart attack. Keep an eye out for them. Enjoy your cookies.
ReplyDeleteWere you cookie mom, too?? The years when my mom was cookie mom were THE BEST, because she had to round up the numbers of boxes to get even cases, and guess who got to eat all of those extras? :D
ReplyDeleteYes I was. I was a leader too of Daisy, Brownies, and Juniors. As well as Tiger Cubs and Cub Scouts. Wonderful years.
ReplyDeleteI think there are still thin mint boxes in the basement.
ReplyDeleteVery funny! There are some in the kitchen. Yum Yum!
ReplyDelete