Friday, April 17, 2009
Uninvited Guest
Sunday Keith was cleaning his car out a bit with prep to put it in the shop for inspection. He had the door to the sun room open and who decides to come in for a visit... a baby squirrel! Keith watched it walk right in like it owned the place. He tried to shoo it out with the broom, but no luck. We could not find it! I began to think it left through a hole in the wall because I could not hear it scuffle around. (I'm not only Keith's fiance but also his hearing ear monkey... you know, like a seeing eye dog. I can't see for him but I sometimes hear for him. Weird, I know.) Anyway we thought it was gone. WRONG!!! Tuesday we came home and I opened the sun room door from outside and there was the squirrel, in the middle of the floor. I started screaming "It's still here. It's still here." And I slammed the door. Just the thing to do if you want it out, right,... shut the door. <dumby> I saw it run to our folding chairs against the wall and told Keith. He went in and managed to convince the baby squirrel to relocate to my shoe area with sweeps from the broom. Geez, thanks Keith. (We don't wear our shoes in the house, they stay in the sun room.) Keith gave up with the broom and went to get the squirrel trap. He smothered the lever with peanut butter and set it on the floor. Squirrels love peanut butter, right? Not this one! It's now 3 days after the trap has been set, and 5 days since the squirrel has been trapped within the room and it still has not been caught. All the while my shoes are being held hostage by this infant rodent! Grrrrrrr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Put anmonia in a bottle with water and mist it around your shoes, etc. You better hope that it is the only one and that it doesn't eat any wires.
ReplyDeleteWould the anmonia dye my shoes? Keith watched it come in, there's only one.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it would dye your shoes - don't put in right on them just in the area. I sent you a whole write up on your email. Good luck.
ReplyDelete