Sunday, November 22, 2009
Getting set for a new year
Keith and I have really wanted to get an elliptical. Our plan was to run until the weather would not let us anymore. Well, that soon went out of the window after our honeymoon. Except for me, well kind of. I did go to the resort gym... once. Well I have noticed a few extra pounds. One reason lack of exercise, second reason, driving four hours to/from class, then another six siting in class. Unfortunatly getting your masters makes you unactive. The weather now is officially not good for running and black friday is days away. We thought about waiting for this time to be serious about buying an alliptical. Today we went through the Sunday ads and the black Friday sales. We went to two sporting goods stores and found one at each that are great. At one, a 15" flat screen DVD player with stand came for free with the ellipitcal. For the same price, you just got the ellipitcal. Well, I went to the manager of the second store (the one with no free TV). I told the manager, "Hey, we like this ellipitcal. There is not much difference to the other one we are looking at. Price is the same, warranty is about the same, but we get a free TV. Is there anything you can do to reduce this price?" Guess what, I got 20% knocked off, and additional 3 year warranty. We didn't really need the TV. We already have a big one in the downstairs living room anyway. So moral of the story, talk to the manager to get discounts while holiday shopping. If you tell them you are going somewhere else, they can swing you discounts that may honor a damage, friends & family, or even an employee. I challange you to negoiate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go Kiddo, just like Mom Mom. She would be so proud! :)
ReplyDelete