Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Stupid, funny story of Kim

Today is September 1. I kind have been dreading this day knowing that I would have to go back to work, which means 10 months of 100 kids. I have known it was September 1st because today is the first day our our "new" contract as well as my date of tenure. Yippee! So today's date is not really a news flash to me.

Today is also Tuesday. I have been looking forward to Tuesday because I have signed up for two courses to pursue my Masters in Education. My one class is on Tuesdays, with the other Thursdays. Fall session is from 09/02/09 - 12/09/09.

My day plan was packed! First day of work, and first day of classes. Hmmm....

After work, I raced down to Stockton College (45-60 minute drive) to get to the Bursar's Office before 4 o'clock to pay my tuition. My class does not start until 6 but I figured I could just hang around, get a snack, read a bit before class. At Rowan (where I went for undergrad) the Bursar's office was always a nuthouse and you spent a lot of time there. Not so at Stockton. They got their act together. They pulled up my account, I paid, and I was out in less than a minute. Great! But now I have to wait longer. I waited and waited. Sort of board. I began to notice there was not a lot of people on campus. A little weird, but I justified it by thinking that the college does not have many night classes to offer. Ten of 6, I went to find a seat in my classroom. Upon which another graduate student asked for a room number nearby. We were in the same hall. There was no one in his class. There was no one in my class. What is going on here? The guy then asked me "What is today?" I stared at him and started shaking my head. "Oh-mi-god. I am an idiot." Can you guess why?

Some how some way my mind took the first half of the day as Tuesday September 1st for work purposes and then converted the day to Tuesday September 2 for grad school purposes when in fact the entire day remained Tuesday September 1st. I am dumb. And I wasted 3 hours of my time.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'd be laughing harder if I didn't feel SOO bad about that waste of time!

    ReplyDelete