So Keith and I both have had bad weeks at work. His are primarily due to co-workers. Keith is just about a real journeyman. He takes his oath this week at the union meeting. So, you would think, as does he, now that he isn't an apprentice, shouldn't he not be treated like an apprentice? Well, that's not the case, at least not with all his co-workers. Unfortunately, it is very frustrating to him, esp. when he can produce better quality products than others. We have been talking about some options, trying to be smart about whatever move he may make.
My week was crappy due to the kids. Ever since winter break they have been nuts. This week, the kids had off Monday and Tuesday. They had known previously that we would dedicate the remaining three days to Midterm Review, since midterms are next week. You would think that since most of these kids earn D's on their tests (when the test is the same exact thing as the review packet) that they would pay attention. Naahhh. Talking is way more fun. But drives me crazy.
Other news to report: Wedding Progress
I went to the printer Monday and dropped off all the documents for the Save the Dates and Invitations. Yesterday I picked up the Save the Dates and mailed them today. I spoke with the printer last night and he was excited after testing the invitation. He said that it is one of the best invites they ever made. So excited! This printer has a Philly Wedding Planner as a regular client who creates many unique and awesome invitations. Keith and I dreamed up the invites ourselves so yay for us!
I dyed my hair back to red brown and I got new glasses (free - teacher insurance is awesome). The kids like the hair (esp since they were telling me they could see the gray) but say the glasses make me look older. Oh well.
Keith is advancing in his computer video game Rainbow 6 Vegas. Definitely not for girls. There's a lot of shooting and killing. It takes a couple of hours to be fully entertained. I, on the other hand, spend that time assembling the favors for the wedding, or do other wedding stuff. He thinks that sentence makes him look like a complete a$$hole. But what do you expect from guys and wedding planning?! haha. Truth be told, he actually has done more than I had expected in the beginning.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment